WANT TO PROVE TO EVERYONE (&YOURSELF) THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY COOK AN EDIBLE (&DELICIOUS)MEAL?
15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta Sauce
[via oh she glows]
(makes two servings)
- 1 medium sized ripe avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced & lemon zest to garnish
- 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was super garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
(all pictures, recipe, and directions taken from oh she glows)
The internet is fantastic. Really. To be able to pull up simplistic recipes nearly instantaneously is one of my favorite things. While I can absolutely feed myself, I never want to subject others to my cooking just in case I'm delusional and completely blind to how awful something tastes.
**Except for THIS RECIPE!
It is so simple! And fast. You basically throw everything into a food processor (I used a blender) and boil water for pasta. Brilliant.
I didn't have real lemons or any fresh basil in my kitchen when I randomly decided that I was going to cook and not just have a salad for dinner, yet this sauce was exceptional. Next time you want to feed a friend, treat yourself, impress your parents (MOM! LOOOOK! I MADE AN "ADULT MEAL"!), or use up those ripe avocados before they begin to rot... make this. You'll love it. Promise.